I enjoy psychometric tests. I enjoy the process of taking them and I like to read what they say. I think that how I answer questions will differ depending on my focus at any one time but I still find them interesting and thought provoking.
Update: Phil has commented about how test results are used. What do you think about psychometric tests?
Some time ago I took the Clifton (Gallup) Strengths finder. Here are my top six strengths according to the test results.
1. Relator – People who are especially talented in the Relator theme enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
2. Learner – People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning., rather than the outcome, excites them.
3. Empathy – People who are especially talented in the Empathy theme can sense the feelings of other people by imagining themselves in others’ lives or others’ situations.
4. Intellection – People who are especially talented in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.
5. Futuristic – People who are especially talented in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their vision of the future.
6. Developer – People who are especially talented in the Developer theme recognize and cultivate the potential in others. They spot the signs of each small improvement and derive satisfaction from these improvements.