Weeknote S1 E7- with not a lot added
Where I went & who I spent time with:
Another week working mostly from home on the *thing*. I got a haircut on Tuesday and went to see my accountant mid week which is always nice. Apart from that I mostly spent time with the dog who is turning into a geriatric so a bit deaf and constantly needing to go outside.
What I did differently & what I learned:
I learned some new ways to use my book keeping software. whoop. I learned that the best time to start planning for retirement is 20 years ago.
Some of what I watched, listened to, read, and/or shared
– Rico shared How the ‘Theory of Constraints’ Applies to Government
– John wrote Quit Planning Ahead and Keeping People Busy
– John also wrote All Companies Have Problems (Some Are Healthy, Some Are Lucky) and Paul shared it
– Paul wrote We Need To Promote Outcomes At Work Not Presenteeism
– Ben who has recently joined Futuregov wrote about that.
– Kate wrote about an event which I was involved with. It was great to see the two teams working closely together and to hear that the feedback was that they got a lot out of it.
– I am reading Content Design by Sarah Richards at the moment (photo below).
Next week I am back in London and looking forward to meeting a new group of service owners. I have booked to go to a talk as part of London Podcast Festival and I hope to make it to OneTeamGov brekkie again.